In an historic election result, the Lib Dems and Michal Mullaney achieved an amazing result,taking the party from third to second place and ensuring Bosworth is now a Lib Dem/Tory marginal.
Here’s the Bosworth result in full:
Conservative 23,132 42.6% (No Change)
Liberal Democrat 18,100 33.3% (+11.7%)
Labour 8,674 16.0% (-15.9%)
BNP 2,458 4.5%
UKIP 1,098 2%
English Democrat 615 1.1%
Independent 197 0.4%
Here’s some more impressive stats from the night:
* Our 18,100 votes were the highest vote for the Liberal Democrats in the whole East Midlands region
* We cut the Tory lead over us in half from 10,000 to 5,000
* The swing of 5.9% from Conservative to Lib Dem was the 4th highest in Britain in a Conservative held seat
* The rise in the Lib Dem vote of +11.7% was the 9th highest out of the 631 seats in Britain
* We did a great squeeze on the Labour vote. The drop in the Labour vote -15.9% was the 17th biggest drop in the Labour vote out of 631 seats in Britain.